Monday, March 23, 2015

Master Bedroom - Fox Hunt Theme!

The master bedroom needed paint, a new ceiling fan and blinds.  The carpet was in descent shape, so we cleaned it and kept it (for now).  For years, I have wanted a "Fox Hunt" themed room.  It has taken over a year to collect all the pictures, furniture, bedding, and lamps from various garage sales. It is my favorite room in the cabin!  

We think the odd space between the closets was once a vanity, based on the drywall indentions and patch jobs.
 
 
 
We warmed up the room by painting the ceiling, walls, trim and baseboards all the same color with Sherwin Williams, Practical Beige - SW6100.  We liked it so much, that we painted the rest of the cabin the same color.
http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6100/#/6100/?s=products&p=PS0
 

The chest of drawers on the right was purchased at an estate sale for $20.

This is the chest of drawers that I purchased for $150 from an online resale site.  When we showed up to purchase it, we discovered it was a bathroom vanity with a granite top.  I didn't realize what a great deal we had gotten until I did some research.   The toleware lamp was $15 and the shadow box was only $8.

The first "Fox Hunt" picture I purchased was only $5!

The dresser was white and used to be in my daughter's room.    I got brave and decided to paint it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I don't like the way it turned out, so it will be re-painted again.  The secretary desk was purchased at a garage sale for $40!  I am still looking for the perfect chair or stool and another small toleware lamp for the top.

One day, we hope to add French doors to the back porch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment